Friday, June 18, 2010

What an eventful week~

This has been one of those weeks. My DS signed me up to make a quilt for an elderly lady she knows. Now I am a machine quilter, not a quilt maker, well I love making quilts, just those for myself or my family. So anyway, I started the quilt this week. The lady had embroidered 12 17" blocks, of beautiful flowers. So my task was to put on sashing and add a border, quilt the quilt then bind it. I am about ready to start the binding, but let me tell you it has been a struggle! I will post photos as soon as I get it off the quilting frame.


Yesterday we, DH, his friend, a young lady we know and another pastor from near here loaded into our vehicle and drove some 75 miles to Hastings, NE to visit a homeless shelter there. It was such an interesting place, as they have very few paid staff. So our plans are to do some work there to help out. I have decided, it wasn't hard, that I would work in the kitchen. We also discussed me giving a class to some of the homeless women who are going through treatment, to prepare them to cook on their own. Should be quite a challenge.


The Connecting Threads Quilt with Us "Love of Art Quilts" group have posted our Do Do Do Looking our My Backdoor Blocks. Here is the one I made, although I do not have the butterfly done. All the blocks were great, such attention to detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers