Thursday, July 16, 2009

Quilt off to County Fair


I haven't entered something in the fair since I was very young, but yesterday I took this quilt down and entered it. Doubt if it will do any good, but at least I enjoyed making it and taking it to the fair.
When I was at the fairgrounds, I saw about 15-20 chickens that youngsters were showing. Boy were they a hoot, and so very neat. I got the feeling I should have entered my Barred Rock Rooster, Bert, as he is a stunning specimen of a true stud. He has 5 nice young pullets following him around. Hope they start laying eggs soon to pay their way. Bert is a very gentle rooster, fun to watch and to have a round.
I will go to the fair tomorrow to see how many other quilts were entered.
Until tomorrow------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers