Wednesday, July 8, 2009

One more left

Well I still have my GS here from Omaha, he is 15 and such a treat to have around. He says he will return home of Friday, so we will see.
Yesterday he went out with his Uncle Dewey and rode on the combine then in a semi to the elevator. Such fun for an Omaha boy who has never been on a farm, let alone ride in big equipment. He did enjoy himself and vows to come next summer to work for his dear uncle. I would really like to have him here for the summer, he is so low impact.....
I am now finishing up a quilt I did for a High School girl who had started the top in the 8th grade. I must say she did a wonderful job, even though he has had very little instruction for the last couple of years. Why they let her put a piano key border I don't know, but she learned some valuable lessons. Will photo it upon completion and post them.
I also have to get a quilt finished for the Furnas County Fair.. It is a log cabin I made using Elenor Burns instructions. Great pattern and turned out fairly well, so will enter it into the fair.
Better get to the chickens, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers