Tuesday, June 23, 2009


The picture is of my sand garden and my butterfly house. Most people have never seen one, so here it is. It is very cool to see the butterfly, normally Monarchs, fly up to the house with their wings up, land then walk into the house. They come around in the evening, drink from the pans and then off to the house they go.
What a day, hot hot hot, 98. I mowed the yard this morning, awaiting the crowd of family due tomorrow and Friday. I am excited, but as with the normal Grandma, I will be glad when they all go home. It is unusual for our house to have so many children under the age of 5, so it will be different. One or two would be a chore, but think of it, six???? Oh well I will survive. Then next week on the on Wednesday I go to pick up four of my DGs. They are 15, 13, 12, and soon (7/7) to be 11. I have our pool filled and heating and the trampoline ready for bodies to be jumping. They all like to cook, so will be a busy and hot kitchen.

I have cleaned until my hands are sore. Guess if I would do it more often it would help, just kidding.
I had to put all my quilting things away. It is hard for me as I really like to sit at a sewing machine and sew. Oh well, that to will wait until all the DGs go home.
I did get some apron fabric so will maybe have my GDs make themselves aprons for the kitchen.
We are off to North Platte in the morning to pickup DH's oldest with her 3 little ones. Wish me luck!!!
Better get off to bed, want to get up early and bake before it gets too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers