Tuesday, August 17, 2010

When it doesn't feel right, it is time to call it quits!

Well it's official, I gave up, gave it a real go, but couldn't get done what I wanted, so, "hasta la vitsa baby". I will take it off the frame in the morning, head to the quilt shop, and start over. No regrets, just painful when I have to declare defeat! I feel good about it though, could be worse I could have more hours into it. What am I talking about, well I had to give up on my county block, way not what I wanted, so am starting over. It's a Good Thing, as Martha would say. Funny thing is, this morning when I was trying to post the photo here, it would not go straight. As you can see, it is sideways, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what the problem was, so I just posted it the way it was. Well, I should have listened, I think God was trying to tell me something.


An old friend of my passed away yesterday, I hadn't seen her for 20+ years. But through the powers of Facebook, we reconnected for a short time. Sunday as I was looking around at friends on FB, I came across some photos of her. I have not talked to her for quite a while, but did know that she had cancer, but did not realize how bad. When I saw the photos, she was bald and on oxygen, very sad. Well yesterday morning I heard from another friend, so I emailed her and said "I see Deb is sick, do you know how she is?" Jackie wrote right back, "she passed away this morning". Yes just another way God talks to us, I should have called on Sunday when I saw the photos, but as usual I chose to get my information second hand. When will I learn? To my old friend Debbie Vreeland, "Rest In Peace, your pain is gone and you are with our Lord and Savior".

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting day you had. I'm glad you didn't have more time/work into the project when you discovered it was a no go. The next one will do much better, I am sure.
    I can so relate to not reacting to God's nudges in time. That is something I have become much more intentional about the last several years, and I am so glad. I"m not perfect, but much improved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't give up on that project you just were smart and moved on to the next one. I'm a big believer in not getting bogged down in something.
    So sorry to hear about your friend, but glad you were able to reconnect after all those years.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers