Well it is finally done, and I am happy with the results. This is the first time I have used my big machine and frame to thread paint an art quilt. It was a learning experience, and will know what to expect and what to do differently next time. The main problem was that I used fusable Pellon, but put the fusing to the backing, not what I should have done. I also did not fuse it, thinking I would do it later and so I learned that it really needs to be fused first to the top, then to work from there. This peice was done for a project a couple of us did on Connecting threads Quilt with Us, Love of Art Quilts, Piece a Day. I did not do a piece a day, as we were gone some of the time and it was impossible for me to do anything one day at a time. I work fast and hard, them I play slow and softly!!
Tomorrow our group from the Urban Plunge will present our thoughts from our trip at a program at the Church. I look forward to seeing the other 15 people involved, as during that weekend we became close and have bonded in a way that is unexplainable.