Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Love of Quilts

I have a love for quilts of all kinds. If I were to choose, it would be art quilts hands down, as they to me are an expression of what the eye sees. It is difficult if not impossible to duplicate a photograph, but with shading here and there, fabric can be used to give the appearance of the photo. It is truely amazing what can be done.with a little piece here and a little piece there. I have learned that a good ole crayon, used as shading will make a lot of difference. When used as an accent then ironed to take the wax off, it is amazing.
My DH soaked his computer with coffee this morning. The jury is still out as to wether it will survive the shower. We will leave it dry for a couple of days, pray really hard, then hopefully it will be saved. My DS is a computer wizard, and he said that it needs to be completely dry, so we will wait.
I will be posting my art quilt tomorrow, it is on the wall and the fabric has been pressed. Can't wait to see it finished.
Have a wonderful rest of the evening....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers