Thursday, January 27, 2011

It has been too long

Well you can tell it has been a long time since I have written a post. I write up the title "Dear John 3:16", hit enter and what happens, it post. But, I wasn't ready, so now I will finish what I started. Modern equipmemt! Things just disappear.

A 12 year old girl in my home town, had surgery yesterday. She probably weights 60 pounds, as she has been sick for a long time. Come to find out she had a tumor on her kidney, and it is cancerous. The town has had several benefits for her family to help defray the horrible expenses. Back to the surgery, they removed a 2 pound tumor from her kidney, when you are as small as she is, 2 pounds is huge! Now back to the benefits, they have had several, and so Sunday night the ministarial association will have a hamburger/hotdog feed, along with a silent auction. I decided to make a quilt to give to the cause. I picked out the fabric, not thinking of what I was doing. I started a Saturday morning, cut out the fabric and by afternoon I had a wallhanging. I had done the pattern before and it was super easy. Well I hung the quilt on the design wall, stepped back and all I could think was, "Oh no, John Deere". So after some thought I decided to name the quilt "Dear John 3:16", and it does seem to fit. You see, I used tractor fabric for the backing so that everyone who sees the quilt will understand. Here are two photos of the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers