Friday, June 19, 2009


This is my first post. I was given the web site by a friend who is on the road for a tool company. He has started his own blog, after enjoying a mutual friend's blog who is retired and also on the road with their RV. If all that makes sense, then GOOD for you.

I am a machine quilter with a HQ16 machine and 12' frame. Although I do not make quilts for customers, I do the next to the final step by sewing, in a decorative manner, the three components, i.e. pieced top, batting, and backing together. The last step is then to bind and label the quilt and then it is ready for use. Many machine quilters use a computerized machine, I do what is called free-motion. Meaning I make control the machine in such a way as to form stars, hearts, feathers, or whatever.

I also love the process of making my own quilts and quilts that will be some day given to my children and grandchildren.

I am in the process of making my second Art Quilt, which is of my nephew. The first art quilt I made was for my husbands son, KC. His beloved dog "Shelby" died so I made a memory quilt from a photo of her. Attached is a photo of the finished quilt.

Enough for now.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers